To be eligible for a Partner Visa you must be married to, or in a de facto (common law) relationship, with an Australian citizen or permanent resident. Interdependent, or same sex partners are also eligible.
Under the Partner Visa, your partner must sponsor you for a period of 2 years. After this, if the relationship is still genuine and continuing, you may be eligible for permanent residence.
Australia document checklist
- Passport Size photograph of each applicant.
- Immigration Fees.
- Evidence of holding valid couple health cover.
- Attested and color copies of the employment.
- Attested and color Marriage Certificate.
- Passport ‘s Photo ID, any amendments and the Bio data page along with the evidence of any amendments if any of all the applicant.
- Statement of your relationship
- Immigration history (visa refusal and cancellation)
- Wedding photographs, CD’s.
- Copies of the communication and any other evidences of the relationship.
- Gift Proofs
- Financial documents
- Declaration (form attached)
- Sponsor’s photo identity
- Financial support declaration
- Proof of relationship with the Nominator.
- Evidence of income
- Source of deposit
- Statement of Enrollment / Statement of course progression issued by the Nominator’s institute
- Color copies of all the education documents.
- Attested color Australian educational documents
- History of relationship