is the first-level Cambridge ESOL exam, at Level A2 of the Council of Europe’s Common European Framework
of Reference for Languages. KET is an excellent first step, helping you to build your confidence in English
and measure your progress.
Cambridge ESOL is a department of the world-famous and historic University of Cambridge. Attaining one of its
certificates is an achievement and a reward in itself. However, there are many other benefits to taking KET
- A KET certificate is valid for life. You will not need to take the exam again.
- KET is a truly international certificate, Recognized around the world for business and study purposes.
- Thousands of employers, universities and government departments officially recognize KET as a basic qualification in English.
- Although KET is a basic exam, it offers a chance to find out your strengths and weaknesses in
using English, and gives you a pathway to higher qualifications such as the Preliminary English Test (PET) and First
Certificate in English (FCE)
- KET’s ‘Can do’ skills give you the confidence to use English in real situations.
- It is an alternative to IELTS for UK Spouse settlement visas.
From 2007, KET is available in two formats. You will still be able to take the paper and pencil test, but you will be able to choose a computer-based version called CB-KET instead.
(% of total)
|Reading and Writing||9 parts/56 questions||1 hour 10 minutes||50%|
|Listening||5 parts/25 questions||30 minutes (including 8 minutes’ transfer time)||25%|
|Speaking||2 parts||8 – 10 minutes per pair of candidates||25%|
Examination Fees 2,400/- with material and 1,750/- without material
For detailed information about KET, please refer the website – www.cambridgeesol.org